Saturday, July 31, 2010

Stir Fry

Tonight for dinner I decided to try something new, chicken stir fry over fried rice. Again I just kind of took a stab at it and didn't follow a recipe. From what I understood stir fry was pretty straight forward, meat, veggies and noodles or rice if desired, so that's what I did.

I used one large chicken breast sliced thin. A package of premixed stir fry veggies from the produce department at my grocery store, a little bit of oil for the pan, white rice, soy sauce and a large egg.



First I cooked the rice in a rice cooker, then rinsed it in cold water and put it in the fridge to chill.



Then I put some oil in a bowl with the sliced chicken and the package of veggies along with some ground ginger, garlic red pepper flakes, ground pepper and a few tbs of of soy sauce and mixed it all up to get everything coated and spiced up.



Next I put a couple tbs of oil in a large fry pan (I don't have a wok), put it on high and tossed all of the veggies and chicken in. I stirred it as it fried up. I added a little bit of water to the pan near the end I threw on a lid and let the veggies kind of steam a little. Then I added a little more soy sauce stirred it up a little more and put it in a bowl and covered it with foil.



I rinsed out the pan and added some oil again, brought it back up to high and then added the egg and stirred it around until it was almost all the way scrambled. Then I added soy sauce and the chilled rice. I let it fry in the pan until it looked like fried rice.



After it was done I platted the fried rice in noodle bowls and put the veggies and chicken on top.



It was really good and it was really easy to make, didn't take long and leave out the chicken and its an all veggie dish.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment