Sunday, November 20, 2011

Festivus (early Thanksgiving) part two

This year I made stuffing for the first time ever. Stuffing is not a side I care for. When I get to that part of Thanksgiving, I look the other way, take another scoop of mashed potatoes and pretend it's not on the table. There just isn't anything appetizing about onions, celery and wet cubes of bread all mushed together and baked. Anyway, I know everyone else likes it, so I (wo)manned up and made it.

Chopped onion and celery. Yuck!
Soften them up in a pan with butter (or in this case, earth balance)
Mix in bread crumbs, chicken broth, and fresh herbs (thyme and sage)
Toss it in a 9x13 pan and bake.
Of course I forgot to take an after picture of this too. Again if you'd like to play I-Spy, stuffing is on the picture of the table in part one of the festivus tale. I also made turkey, gravy, corn casserole, thyme roasted carrots, mashed potatoes, parker house rolls, and green beans. My mother-in-law brought dessert. She made a pumpkin gingerbread trifle. It was amazing. You can find the recipe for it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment