Sunday, April 22, 2012

Caprese salad skewers

My cousin Arie is getting married! So a couple of weeks ago I went to a bridal shower for his lovely fiance, Jessie. The shower was "stock the kitchen" themed. Each person was asked to bring a dish to share and the recipe so Jessie and Arie would have lots of new things to try in the kitchen. I decided to make Caprese salad skewers. I had seem them on Pinterest a few times and they looked simple enough for a party, plus I figured lots of people would bring casseroles and things like that to the shower so I wanted to bring something different. There were lots of casseroles, just as I had expected, and salads of the pasta and fruit varieties, but wouldn't know it, I try to be different and the only duplicate dish at the shower was caprese salad skewers. They are just that good (actually I wouldn't know how good they were because I don't like tomatoes unless they are cooked in something so I didn't taste them, but people ate them all so that's a good sign).

 Caprese Salad Skewers





Ingredients 

Grape tomatoes
Basil
Mozzarella
Balsamic Vinaigrette (I used Wishbone, but you could certainly make your own)
long toothpicks/small skewers




1. Cut Mozzarella into small cubes
2. If your basil leaves are large cut in halves or thirds
3. Place ingredients on skewers: Tomato, basil, mozzarella
4.Arrange on a serving tray
5. Drizzle with Balsamic Vinaigrette

(I forgot to take a picture after I drizzled the dressing on)


No comments:

Post a Comment