Monday, May 28, 2012

Homemade tortillas

Over the weekend I had my family over dinner. I figured it was only appropriate, they helped us move all of our stuff and feed us just about every weekend so it was time for us to to feed them for once.

We had fajitas for dinner and I decided to make homemade tortillas for the first time. It was pretty easy and super tasty. I even got to purchase a new ingredient that I had never used before... 



You know you're really cookin' when you break out the lard!

I used a pretty simple recipe that I found on Pinterest. Their tortillas are much prettier than mine were, I kept burning them a little. I couldn't quite get the temperature of the skillet right, I think that will take some practice. I should also maybe try to not do three other things while making tortillas. 

Thankfully I had my brother helping me. He rolled the dough balls and then rolled the balls out into tortillas and I fried them. 



I forgot to take pictures of the tortillas on the night we had them so these are leftover tortillas. They don't look as good leftover, and to be honest I'm not sure I really cooked them right. But they tasted good either way and no one died, which is all that really matters.



No comments:

Post a Comment