Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Oreo Truffles

I love chocolate, like a lot. So when my mom made Oreo Truffles for a family dinner I had to go to Publix on the way home to buy the stuff I needed to make them myself. They are so good and only have three ingredients, it is my go to last minute treat.

The goods
1 package Oreo cookies
1 8oz package of cream cheese - softened 
1 package of semi sweet chocolate chips to melt or 2 packages of semi sweet bakers chocolate squares

(see recipe for exact instructions)



Put the whole package of Oreos in in a food processor and turn those cookies into crumbs. 


Mix the crumbs and softened cream cheese together and then roll into 1in balls. 


Put a toothpick into the balls and freeze them for a few min to make sure they will stay on the sticks. Then dip into the melted semi sweet chocolate.


Let dry completely on parchment paper. 


You can also try rolling them in things like, cookie crumbs, sprinkles, nuts, coco powder... but I'm just not that fancy. Or maybe it's that I'm lazy... either way, they are delicious anyway you make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment